The Wayne Township Trustee’s Office provides emergency assistance for individuals who meet eligibility requirements. Individuals 18 years of age and older should walk in on their letter day before 9:00 AM or call 449-7000 ext 312. Please be patient due to high call volume. Your letter day is determined by the first letter of your last name.
- Current Prescription Medication
- Paper/Personal Products
Assigned Letter Days
|** Must apply before 9:00am**|
|* Letter day does not apply when
requesting medical, food or burial
What You Need To Bring On Appointment Day
- Verification of your household income for the past sixty days.
- Paid bill receipts for the past sixty days, including utility bills.
- Copy of your rental agreement or lease, (or mortgage payment book if you are buying your home).
- Picture identification for all adults in the household. This must be a State I.D. or Drivers License that is not expired. Birth certificates and/or Social Security cards for all minors in the household.
- Please bring social security cards for everyone in the household.
- Copy of income tax returns if filed or copy of W-2’s if not filed.
MORE INFORMATION MAY BE REQUIRED.
Verification of Household Income (Opens in Microsoft Word)
Verification of Household Income (Opens in Adobe Reader)
Your investigator can explain these services in detail.
|Effective June 1, 2013|
|Add $419 per month for each additional household member.|
You need to know...
Clients may have up to five (5) business days to provide all of the necessary information. If it is determined that an applicant may be eligible for public assistance, other than Township Assistance, the applicant may be referred to other resources within the community.
EACH APPLICATION IS EVALUATED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS
If an applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Trustee, the applicant may appeal to the Board of County Commissioners of Allen County at the Citizen Square Building. An applicant for Township Assistance may file a written appeal within fifteen (15) days from the date of denial.
TIPS FOR APPLYING
Be on time. Be patient.
Bring all information requested and more if you can!
Keep all receipts and pay stubs.
Keep all appointments with other agencies
A signed application is valid for 180 days from the date it is received by the Trustee. Each applicant & each adult member of the applicant’s household must consent to disclosure and release of information regarding the applicant’s household before Township Assistance may be provided by the Township Trustee.
Application for Township Assistance (Opens in Adobe Reader)
Application for Additional or Continuing Township Assistance (Opens in Adobe Reader)
Application Guidelines Brochure(Opens in Adobe Reader)
Application Guidelines Brochure (Opens in Microsoft Publisher)